[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

En: (meteorobs) The 1907 Fireball - Narrative from Marco Valois

Hello Andrei,

That's been a long time since then. I'm quite surprised with your wp. That's
very updated and interesting. But I also have some comments to add to your
two meteors reports contained on your list that is related to Brazil. First,
the one in Piaui. Very interesting. No question about it. But it just ended
as where it started: with a hole on the ground. Second is about the photos
in Barra da Tijuca, Rio. I was a teenager and a good reader of that news
magazine. So, luckly, I myself read that "adventure" you posted. I really,
even at that age didin't agree with that, besides it is like the story that
says: "Once upon a time..." Well, all child wants to listen from the
beggining untill the end stories of "bad wolves an gnomes". I testify to you
that I read untill the last lines of the supposed Brazilian ufoes, and, my
opinion, the end is really a flop...

Now about that newspaper named "Vigília". It's quite serious and
well-written. Just about all. I do not want to get any off topics
discussion, since the main subject there is UFO etc. But, since you permit
me, there's a meteor very famous in Brazil that fell down in the State of
Minas Gerais. It is one of the biggest in the world and, I'm sorry to say
you so, it's missing on your webpage. It doesn't matter cause as a scientist
you already read about it. But let me remember you a bit cause your
achievement is really wonderful: it's name is "Bendengó". I saw the picture
at the time when it was a kind of fresh news. Well, the last information
that I had about it relates the fact that it is in a Rio de Janeiro Museum
of Astronomy, or wherever.

And, not to conclude this narative, I myself saw a big earthgrazer
(fireball) in the year of 1980, March. It happened nearby here going to the
EW. The same Recife, PE coordenates. It was at 19:30h (local time) and I was
with a person. The area is very populated, so I believe that this meteor,
was about 70 or 80 Km away from the place that I (we) was (were). Propably
it desintegrated prior to reach the ground. Believe in me, but that was the
second big one fireball ever seen by me since I dedicated (myself) to
observe this kind of event.

Another aspect is that here in my in home state, recently, in the year of
1998, I guess, a meteor fell down in countryside and it is still there for
all to see. I promise you that as soon as I can I will get a full report and
narrative for you to add to add at your important webpage. My best wishes,
Marco Valois.

N.B. - Thanks alot for updating with your site.