[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: distance from central vision

At 11:26 AM 12/11/03 -0500, you wrote:
>once stating that he
>could readily discern the crescent of Venus and the Moons of Jupiter with his
>unaided eye,

I have a daughter who is able to do this. I remember being confused, then
astounded, one evening when we were looking at Venus and my daughter, then
about 8 years old, commented that it "looks just like the moon." After some
discussion, we realized that she was seeing the Venusian crescent. A couple
of years later, at a location with decent skies (as opposed to our
light-polluted suburban skies) we realized that she is also able to see
some of Jupiter's moons with unaided eyes.

Richard