[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids

I was out observing in my light polluted urban back yard on December 13,
from 1:35 AM PST to 2:45 AM PSTagain.  I faced West this time and had
well over two thirds of the sky obscured by buildings and trees.  I was
only able to see two Geminids.  However the first of these was the
brightest Geminid I have ever seen at a -4.0 magnitude.  The second was
a 2.0.  I did see one sporadic at a magnitude of 0.0. I don't consider
this good scientific data but for those curious soles,  I am at 118o 03m
32s West Longitude and +34o 09m 55s North Latitude in sunny southern
California.