[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids Dec 13/14 success!!

Brief report...

 From near Ottawa, Ontario (Casselman) under mag 5.5-5.8 skies, it was
possible to observe the Geminids peak night of December 13/14 under
good conditions until the clouds started interferring at about 3am
local time.  I don't have the tape decoded yet but I think in about 2
hours TEFF, I'd guess that my rates were probably at least 30-40/hr.
So the GEMs peak seemed to be doing well despite the Moon.  There was a
nice mix of both bright and faint meteors.  A few impressive GEM
fireballs (one of mag -6, a mag -4.5 and a mag -3).  Also ran a 35mm
camera.

Stay tunes for the past two nights full reports and details.  I really
must sleep now!

Hope to hear of more reports for last night,

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario