[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Observation December 13/14 2003

Pierre,

>The following night for the peak of the Geminids, I was only able to get to
>the Casselman just after midnight, following a family reunion.

Congratulations indeed on a great session and a truly great report!  Sounds
like the Gems did well in 2003.  Between your report and Kim's, I am totally
jealous...(wink).  Your report reminds me very much of my experience with
the 1999 Gems on 13/14 Dec from Sicily.  However, this year seemed to have a
higher proportion of bright meteors it seems than I recall.    Next year the
Gems hit at New Moon.  it would be a great time to do one of those 10 to 12
hour, all-night marathons that could produce a meteor total similar to a
Leonid storm!  Sounds like fun, I've always wanted to do that.    Regards,
Paul in (cloudy again) North Florida

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup