[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminid observation December 14

Hi!

   I observed the Geminids on December 14 from a location not in the suburbs of
Ljubljana. The sky was unusually transparent, allowing me to see as deep as
LM6.1 from this suburban location. The radiant was still low, 30-40 degrees,
but the Geminids were nonetheless very active with 45 shower members seen in
the hour! No fireballs, but overall the shower was quite bright. Can't wait for
next year: no Moon, shower peaks over Europe! Report (I didn't know the exact
locations of the minor shower radiants so I counted them all as sporadics):

Period		F	LM	teff		GEM	Spor
20:42-21:42UT	1.00	6.09	1.00		45	8

Magnitude distribution:
GEM:	-2(1) -1(1)  0(5) +1(9) +2(14) +3(13) +4(1) +5(1)
Spor: +1(2) +2(2) +3(1) +4(1) +5(2)

Clear skies!
Jure A.

http://www.emaildot si/