[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Daytime Meteor (forwarded message)

Hi!

I have received this message that I believe to be of interest and
dedicated to the list readers. If you reply, please write to both the
list and  "Marianne McAvenia" <mockymur@earthlinkdot net>, the author,
directly.

As a hint to Mari: try to register on www.meteorobs.org, this is the
real list (yahoo is just an online interface to read the latest
messages)

Greetings and Merry Ursids

Daniel Gruen

----------
Hi Daniel,

I have been trying to get into the Meteor group, but have had some
trouble getting through Yahoo!

Last week, in broad daylight, I spotted a very bright meteor, with a
long yellow tail, explode into a myriad of red-orange colors, as it
flew through the earth's atmosphere. Stunning.

I realize that it was the end of the Geminids, but this one was a
lolla-palooza.

I am in the Northeast USA, just south of Boston, MA, and the meteor
was sighted on Dec.11th, heading towards the South-east at approx.
3:45 PM. E.S.T.

Anybody else see this event?

Thanks,
Mari (New Member)