[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation December 20/21, 2003 from Slovenia

Hi All,

This Saturday night I observed again with Jaka from his home. It was very
clear in the evening with LMs above +6.5. After observing comet 2002 T7
and some deep sky objects we decided to check for some early Ursid
activity. We started at 22h local time.

The first hour was bright with the highlight of the night - a long
magnitude -2 sporadic meteor that shot from Ursa major to Gemini/Auriga
border and left train for 10 seconds. Also seen in this first hour was a
-1 magnitude sporadic low in the southeastern skies. Two Coma Berenicids
were recorded during this time but no Ursids.

We then had a long break for snacks and I resumed at 0125 local time. The
skies were not as transparent as before any more. Ocasionally small clouds
drifted into my FOV also. The activity was again moderate with 12 meteors,
but not as bright than i nthe evening period. Three Coma Berenicids were
noted and a single Ursid.

If weather allows I will also observe from Tuesday night on.

Clear skies!
Javor