[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Murphy is alive and well

At 12:30 AM the sky was looking promising. Broken thin clouds for about 20%
obscuration. Recruited my oldest daughter, just back from college. We took
a few minutes to dress adequately for a reasonably long stay in the rather
pleasant, calm, 0 centigrade conditions. Headed out anticipating a
productive session.

Arrived on station ready to clock on at around 1 AM only to be greeted by a
nearly solid overcast. Two or three stars were barely visible through the
remaining minimal breaks in the clouds. I don't know where these clouds
came from, but they certainly came in quickly. Instead of visually feasting
on sporadics, we had to settle for a relaxing night time stroll. The clouds
were still solid as we arrived back at the barn a little before 2 AM.

Richard