[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) URSID/COM Observations 12/22/2003

Forwarded by request from Paul, Kim....

Kim and all,
      Awesome set of obs, well done.  I'm jealous again.  Excessive cirrus
backflow off the Atlantic came onshore during the crucial hours this morning
and kept me from being able to get out to back you up.   That NAPX radiant
must be going bonkers!  I will faithfully try again tonight, but conditions
are similar to what they were this morning and it is major touch and go this
close to the big ocean at this time of year.  If it isn't cirrus clouds like
this morning, it's sea fog!  Sssshhhh, I shouldn't say that too loud.  Is it
any wonder that I haven't really seen the Ursids in any one of my 29 years
to date?  Things do get a bit better here during January.    Regards, Paul
in N. FL