[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Daytime Meteor-Redux

Hi,
 I'm new to the list. Last week I was assisted in posting a message about a daytime Meteor (or fireball) I observed on 11, December, 2003 @ 3:45 EST.

It looked as though the fragments (maybe even one BIG ONE) were going to splash into the Atlantic Ocean. I am on the North East Coast of the USA.

If anybody has ANY more info on this sort of event, please enlighten me. One of the list posters mentioned that it was no meteor. It was what, then? A "fireball", surely, but of what origin?  It had to be massive because it glowed brightly in broad daylight, trailing a long yellow tail, and the explosion was quite vivid and dramatic.

Help! I am no rocket scientist, just a stargazer from way back.

Thanks,
Mari