[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Murphy is alive and well, Part II - Quadrantids

Hi!

(sorry Mr. Kramer for stealing that subject, but it's simply too
great)

I have just come in from what was planned to be my Quadrantid
observation and has turned out to be - nothing but clouds that rolled
in from the west after there were some stars visible earlier this
night (but with too much light pollution from the moon, given the
fact that there is a lot of haze in the air at the moment).

I'm going to stay awake another two or three hours, in case anything
changes on this unsatisfying situation, and if you like to join my
mourning about Murphy (who is certainly sitting somewhere around the
corner gloating) and his fellow meteorologic colleagues feel free to
visit me in the meteorobs irc chat (instructions follow).

Hope you have more luck (and still hope I have more luck also)

Daniel Gruen

 To chat in real time with your fellow observers (at the moment onle
I'm there) around the world, do either of the following:

 I) Go to:
 http://www.meteorobs.org/cgiirc/irc.cgi

 Or (if you are familiar with IRC):

 II) Install some IRC freeware (e.g., http://mirc.com)
 Use your IRC software to connect to irc.kreydot net
 Join the #meteorobs "channel":
 /join #meteorobs

 Choose a nickname for yourself which describes where
 you are from: mine is 'gruda_de', gruda for my IMO code
 and de for Germany (dot de).
 But feel free to choose any nickname you like.