[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Big fireball/bolide over Spain

Here's another article in Spanish about the fireballs over
Spain; this one has a map showing that it/they was/were
sighted from NW Spain to the Balearic Islands -- a very
long distance:

http://elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/01/04/sociedad/1073241586.html

There are reports of loud sounds in at least a couple of
places and at least one fallen object -- plus fires started.
(Oh, dear!)

The meteoroid of 50 to 100 tons was in 1996 -- my error on
reading the first article:

> http://www.elcorreogallego.es/periodico/20040105/Cultura-Sociedad/N231192.asp

I haven't yet seen any duration of the event.  So far I
haven't seen anything about a matching satellite re-entry.

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA