[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible metorite fall in the Portugal and Spain

Hi,
I was reading the moring papers today when i found this news
http://ultimahora.publico.pt/shownews.asp?id=1180433&idCanal=170.

According to it several people have dialed 112 (portuguese equivelent of
911) to report fireballs in the sky. According to them sevral provinces of
Portugal an Spain reported the fireballs flying at the end of the afternnon
(some were watching a soccer match) agian the is notindication this is a
meteorite but the aviation reported that the found no evidenc of being a
plane. It is also reported the the firemen where called the put out some
small fires that is thought being related to the fireballs (in some places
people proclaim have seing more  then one). One of the other possibilities
offered is that it might have been space debris. Experts are trying to find
out if the debris are indeed from meteorites.
To me the bootids were resumed to a mere timid one.
Clear skies,

Samuel da Costa
Portugal