[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Aurora from space

the link is now available and working...Nice imaging...

-----Original Message-----
From: Harper, Richard W [mailto:richard.w.harper@lmco.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 2:24 PM
To: meteorobs@meteorobs.org
Subject: (meteorobs) Aurora from space

While things are a little slow you might be interested in seeing
some aurora images on our website: http://eol.jsc.nasadot gov/
Two are featured this week on the first page.  To find more
click the Find Photos tab.  Then click the Technical Search
link.  Select AURORA as the Geographic Region, Country, ...
Be sure the box is checked.  Then select ISS006 as the Mission.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Submit.  Turn on
the thumbnails and click them for a "Quick View".  A larger image
as well as the complete catalog record is also available.  Also
try ATMOSPHERIC LIMB and ASTRONOMICAL OBJECTS.
Astronaut Don Pettit did an excellent job of taking these photos.
He also got many good shot of cities at night. To find these
select ISS006 as Mission, type NIGHT in the Features Contains:
box and submit. (make sure Geographic Region, ... is not selected)
You should get 5 pages (approx 213 records).
Try the other missions, search methods, collections, regions, etc.