[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteorites Fall in Portugal?

I received this note last week and I tend to agree with Jose's comments. I
thought that I would also present it to meteorobs for some more opinions.
Please post any comments to the list and I will forward them in one message
to Jose.

Clear Skies!

Bob

Dear Robert

One week ago people found strange marks in an aviation track in Portugal.
The local flying club responsible say that the holes can be due to the fall
of meteorites. He say to the press: "In about 900 meters, there are holes
with a centimeter, burned to the turn and with a rust, maybe a meteorite has
made this" However, I don't believe in such possibility, because the holes
are just limited to the track and there are no marks around in the
vegetation. On the other hand, nobody saw or heard the fall of any object in
the area. I saw the marks in the place and some presented small holes in the
pavement while others no. The brown tracks that we see in the pictures were
provoked by rain water. I send a link with the pictures and I would like to
have your opinion. http://www.docma.pt/tps

Jose