[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FW: Mysterious Object Caught On Video Over Kansas City Sky

---------------- Forward Message ----------------

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2780356/detail.html

Mysterious Object Caught On Video Over Kansas City Sky
NORAD Says It Did Not Track Object
NBCSandiego.com
January 21, 2004

A security camera from a downtown energy corporation
captured a bizarre sight in the eastern sky over
Kansas City last week.

The video shows an object that appears to be slowly
falling in the sky around 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 14.

Bob Lindsay, a security worker at Trigen Energy Plant,
spotted the object on security monitors and asked a
co-worker to zoom in on the mysterious image.

"It had the appearance of more of a really light
yellow -- wasn't quite white, wasn't quite yellow,"
Lindsay said.

Lindsay believes he saw a long vessel, like a missile
or rocket aircraft with flames shooting over the nose
and up its sides. The staff at Trigen has come up with
several theories about the nature of the strange
image.

"We got UFOs, we got experimental airplanes -- a jumbo
jet maybe?
There's a lot of guesses going around," Lindsay said.

Kansas City TV station KMBC-TV showed the tape to
astronomer Tom Armstrong, who has worked extensively
with NASA.

Armstrong guessed the object could be man-made space
debris, but it's more likely just a meteor skimming
across the atmosphere.

"If you've watched a meteor shower and you put this at
night against a star background, you'd probably think
meteor," Armstrong said.

He added that meteors often give off what looks like a
long tale.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command, known as
NORAD, said it was not tracking any man-made space
junk reentering the atmosphere on Jan. 14.