[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball reports: 19 Jan. 2004

I received two reports of fireballs on the night of 19 January, 2004:

Girardville, Quebec (200 km. NW of Chicoutimi)
1705 local

An RCMP constable reported seeing a "black ball" with an "orange/green
exterior" and a long green tail. The duration was approximately 2 seconds.
The sky was reported as being very clear at the time.

Chicoutimi, Quebec
1710 local

During a light snowfall, a two people reported seeing an "intense light, a
ball of light with a green tail." It was said to be "very quick."

Unfortunately, there were no further details for either report.

- Chris Rutkowski