[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Report 1/21/04 6:20 pm, la mesa (fwd)

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    NAMN Fireball Reports <namn@atmob.org>
Cc:      paulmiller78@hotmail.com
Subject: Fireball Report 1/21/04 6:20 pm, la mesa
Date:    Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:23:53 -0500 (EST)

----

Your Name? paul

Your Town/State/Country? la mesa ca usa

Date and Time? 1/21/04 6:20 pm

What compass direction did the fireball appear from? n

What compass direction did the fireball DISAPPEAR from? s

How long, in seconds, were you able to see it in the sky? 120

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it APPEARED?
(As a reference, a closed fist held at arm's length is
approximately 10 degrees.)
  70

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it DISAPPEARED? 40

How bright did it appear?
Like a star, Venus, the Moon, or the setting Sun?
  moon

Did it have any color(s)? red/orange

Did it appear to fall apart as it went by? What did that look like?
  at horizom pieces "fell off it"

Did it leave a persistent streak in the sky after it was gone?
How long did that last?
  no

How fast did it move? Use a 1 to 5 scale, 1 being
VERY slow, and 5 being extremely quick.
  1

Did you hear a sound?
If yes, what was the time delay from sighting to sound?
  no

What is the closest Town/State to where you saw the fireball?
  la mesa

Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings, etc. below:
  paulmilerphotography.com/skyandstuff

please respond and tell me if this was a sattelite