[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) January 2004 Meteor Analysis

Hi,
This is my first post to the group so I'll briefly introduce myself.

I am a radio amateur, but have turned mostly to reception of radio
signals on 48 and 55 MHz for the purpose of Meteor Obs. My location is
Plymouth, Devon in the UK.

I set up a website last November dedicated to the reception of reflected
signals (by whatever mode) by using FFT spectrum analysis. I have a
"live" page that is updated on a minute-by-minute basis, which is
usually online 24 hours a day. There's also a page showing 6 hour FFT
plots from the past 24 hours, galleries of interesting captures, and a
comprehensive links list. The spectrum plot is monitoring at least 3
different Band 1 analogue TV transmitter carriers (Portugal, Sweden and
Belgium) plus a few more that are unidentified, which are simultaneously
displayed on the same plot. All these plots use DL4YHF's Spectrum Lab. I
also have the ability to stream the audio live to the web, but this is
normally off unless there is some significant activity.

In addition, I use HROFFT for archive capture and analysis. From this,
I've imported data into MS Excel to produce an analysis for the last
month. Though the data is incomplete, Excel does a good job of
visualising the data in 3D charts. The file can be downloaded from the
analysis page.

Links:
Front page:
http://www.tvcomm.pwp.blueyonder.codot uk/G7IZU_Radio_Pages/Radio