[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re Fwd: (meteorobs) Astrophysicists Observe Anomalies in Makeup of Interplanetary Dust Particle

That was a fascinating story, Ed - thanks for forwaring
the link! Anyone on the list (including Peter), are these
complex organic compounds the Livermore team studied the
same complex volatiles first hinted at in spectral and
meteor burn altitude data from Peter Jenniskens & others?
Is there any way to correlate the two sets of materials?

A related question not covered in the summary item below:
do the researchers believe these isotopes of (ultimately)
presolar origin are broadly evenly incorporated among all
sources of interplanetary dust - including particles of
cometary or asteroidal origin, i.e., in meteoroid streams?

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer