[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 1963 Fireball

In April 1963 we witnessed a fireball between 4-5pm,in Dearborn Michigan. It  headed south, and impacted in Ohio.
The fireball not only left a nice trail through a partly clear sky with cummulus clouds- but the noise it made cassed us to look up at it, and approximate that 5-6 seconds later we heard the noise of it impacting.
It was  in the news the next day, and we used it as a "show and tell in school"
Unfortunately, I cant locate article in Detroit News, nor did my parents find it. The Detroit news has everything prior to 1985? on microfiche.
The recent interest in the 1966 fireball, plus a lull in meteor activity has prompted me post this- and would also like to hear from other's if there is more info on these events.