[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Colorgramme for MAnalyzer

Title: Viesti

        Hi all,
I find this fine!

I downloaded this and tested. After installing the program, it crashed in my Home-XP laptop. I tried in another XP and Win95 and Win98 and it did'nt work in any of these. Then I downloaded the 'RMOB-version' of Colorgramme and installed it. After installing, this worked ok at once.
Then I made another try with the previously installed Colorgramme fo MA. Now it didn't crash and seemed to work!
Maybe there is missing some dll or something in the installation program for MAnalyzer that comes with the RMOB version.

(
I have a JAVA version of the MAnalyzer (about half a year in my own use). The hourly data file of this is almost simial to the earlier, but the extra hour-column had beed dropped as unnecessary. I was thinking this to mix the Colorgramme program, but it did not. It worked ok also with the Java version hourly file.

The JAVA version (version 0.93 I recall) has not been put available in the net, but in principle it is available to anyone who wants it. The difficulty is that I have not yet written instructions for it. Own definition of the windows will need some instructions in order not to have to test very extensively. The definitions can be saved in session file(s) for further use, and some sample ses-files can be submitted.
This JAVA version gives much more freedom to define the spectrum windows and one can have several (spectrum) windows with different recording speeds and displayed band-widths.
(I mysel have the original MAnalyzer type screen and one very slow screen for aurora watch. This shows 24 hours in one vertical slice, with ten of these slices defined in one window. Then I have a fast display to see details of head-echoes etc.)
There can also be more than one 'data-windows' for different carriers. If you have more than one trensmitting stations in the same receiver (SSB or CW) band with a separation of at least 50Hz (depending on the stability of receiver and transmitter) the reflections can be counted independently.

This has been in test use also by some others than myself. I know that Jeff Brower has tested independent counting of at least three stations in the same receiver band and according to his early comment it worked ok. I myself have tested with two stations. I regularly receive only one station, because there are no more stations visible in the vicinity of my favourite station.

If you think that you may have advatage of this program over the original MAnalyzer, you can ask me directly to send the JAVA version (before it will possibly become directly downloadable). You will of course need JAVA runtime environment to use this. Only JAVA over Windows (XP and 95) has been (almost) properly tested. Some trial with Linux was done, and in principle it did function, but I recall some problem. The actual audio frequency was either twice or one half (don't recall which one) of the defined and displayed frequency, or something like this. Probably the sampling frequency was not what was defined.
)

I didn't test the ftp-transfer.
My mscatter computer is not connected to the internet. Once and a while I move the data in our local net to another computer tha is conected to internet.
I ask, if I send my own data with the Cororgramme, does it make any harm (or is the data of proper use), if I send it at random times, typically separated by several days, maybe weeks?

Esko

Hi all meteorobs,

If you are user of MAnalyzer software you find an new version of Colorgramme dedicated for MAnalyzer (freeware).

Download page is on http://radio.meteor.free.fr

Here

Clear skies,
Pierre

HAUT DEBIT : PRIX EN BAISSE !
Internet Haut Débit Illimité à partir de 14,90 €/mois ? Une offre n9uf telecom !
Inscrivez-vous vite, en cliquant ici : http://adsl.neuf.fr