[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: August 2002 Fireball (fwd)

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    "MARK BOSTICK" <thebigcollector@msn.com>
To:      <Sweet47374@aol.com>, "Meteorobs" <meteors@comcastdot net>
Subject: Re: August 2002 Fireball
Date:    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:16:27 -0600

No recognizable part in multipart/alternative.

Hello ???,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I think a few of us have had you seem a fireball and no-one else did experience.  And since I get at least a dozen like request a week, I think it's safe to say that the solo experience is quite common. Solo meaning the witness does not find anyone else that spotted it.

There was a fireball on Aug. 2002 that was visible in Indiana.  There is a newspaper report of it on my website, linked here...

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/znp08102002.html

No meteorite was recovered from this sighting.  However, it was viewed by hundreds of people and I think I have several more reports of it here.  I am a little busy right now and about to take off to do some field work so I do not have the time to search all my archives.  However, I am sending this e-mail to a Meteor Observation reporting list as the list is being a little slow right now (Hello list), and perhaps someone else might have seen it would like to share their experiences with you/us.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, however, if you do not put your name on the e-mail, I will not invest any more of my time on this.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com