[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: "CLOSEST FLYBY EVER"

> So 2004 FH is about 40% of the diameter, but I guess that's
> about all we know.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby if
> it hit the Earth.

Hello Ed and others,

See my brief essay in this Friday's issue of the "Asteroid/Comet
Connection":

http://www.hohmanntransfer.com/mn/0403/19.htm#04fh

By the way, the 1972 fireball would have done little harm would it have
descended steeper instead of disappearing in space again. It could have
given a spectacular shower of not too large meteorite fragments, but no real
large fragments among them.

- Marco

------
Marco Langbroek