[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Update of the Video Meteor Database

Folks,

recently I updated video meteor database. It now contains all
observations of the AKM video meteor network 1999-2003 (with only a number of
Australian observations missing), and sporadic observations from 1993 to 1998
before the AKM network was started. The database (logfiles, PosDat files,
images)
has an overall size of about 15 GB.

At www.metrec.org you can download the PosDat data of more than 106,000 single
station meteors recorded in 1,350 observing nights. The database is organized
camera-wise. You may download all data for a given month in a certain year, for
a given month in all years, for a full year and for all years. Beside the
individual camera files, each directory contains the PosDat files _allhead.dbf
and
_alldata.dbf, in which the data of all cameras are merged into one file. The
PosDat files can be loaded directly into the Radiant software and can be used
for all kinds
of meteor shower analyses.

If you are interested in video data of a specific date, you may check in advance
in the corresponding table if video observations are available for that time or
not.

Best wishes,
Sirko Molau

--
*   Sirko Molau                 *                          *
*   Abenstalstr. 13b            *              __          *