[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Report 4/9/2004 2:24 AM PST: Walla Walla, Washington (fwd)

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    NAMN Fireball Reports <namn@atmob.org>
Subject: Fireball Report 4/9/2004 2:24 AM PST: Walla Walla, Washington
Date:    Fri,  9 Apr 2004 21:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

----

Your Town/State/Country? Walla Walla, Washington

Date of fireball? 4/9/2004

Time of fireball? 2:24 AM PST

What compass direction did the fireball appear from? ?

What compass direction did the fireball DISAPPEAR from? West ?

How long, in seconds, were you able to see it in the sky? 1

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it APPEARED?
(As a reference, a closed fist held at arm's length is
approximately 10 degrees.)

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it DISAPPEARED?

How bright did it appear?
Like a star, Venus, the Moon, or the setting Sun?
  Very Bright

Did it have any color(s)? White Yellow

Did it appear to fall apart as it went by? What did that look like?

Did it leave a persistent streak in the sky after it was gone?
How long did that last?

How fast did it move? Use a 1 to 5 scale, 1 being
VERY slow, and 5 being extremely quick.

Did you hear a sound?

If yes, what was the time delay from sighting to sound?
  about 2 miniutes

What is the closest Town/State to where you saw the fireball?
  Walla Walla, Washington

Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings, etc. below:
  Probably not the best sighting. I was watching TV in bed and I saw a huge
flash of light through the window. It filled the whole window. I was trying to
figure out what it was when I heard a low sustained rumble about 2 minutes
later. The time was 2:26 AM PST on the atomic projection clock at the time of
the rumble. I can give positions of myself and the window if helpful.
I thought for sure I would read about something in the news today.