From: Bertunit@aol.com
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 5:20 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) LYRIDS 2003

Here in the midwest in KC metro looks like a stormy week ahead, I will
be lucky to get a night clear thru the coming work week. (2004)

The LYRIDS are a great shower to observe.  I should be able to post
my two reports from last year (2003) on the 4/21 and 22 am's this
weekend to the list.

Observing before the moon rose to shortly thereafter both nights around
midnight, I was treated to a GOOD show, with many bright and long-
pathed Lyrids.  I personally like them because they emulate the Perseids
of August, rising in the NE in a similar time-frame fashion.

An hour or two of observing after midnight will likely treat the observer
to several magnificent Lyrids, I am at roughly 38.5 N latitude, and like
to observe about 65-70 degrees up due E during the low radiant times,
swinging around to due N in the last 3 hr.s or so before dawn.  I noted
many long Lyrids high in the SE and SSE last year around 12-130 local time.

Hello Norman and Bob,  much to see this coming meteor year as I look over
the moon phases. :-)

Bert Matous
Overland Park KS