[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) LYRIDS 2003

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:59:07PM -0400, Lewis J. Gramer wrote:

[....lots of good stuff deleted]

> As with most things in life, it depends on the observer's state of mind.
> ;-)

Yes, that is the point. It allows reflection time, which helps one develop
patience and tolerence, virtues sorely lacking in today's world.

I've always liked the April Lyrids because the maximum occurs on Earth Day
morning, plus the added bonus that the radiant is near the apex of the Sun's
way amoung the neighboring stars of the the galaxy.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

April Lyrids - by GWG

Earth Day Morning
Moving with the Sun