[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: LYRIDS 2003

>I agree with Lew than it's just not the sheer number of >meteors seen that makes the experience. Even from one's >backyard there are items to delight the senses that are >totally drowned out during the daylight.

I agree with you's two as well.. After having the honor (and fun!) of observing alongside Bob L here in San Diego.. (geez it's been almost 10yrs now!) We' had just as much fun, joy and happiness regardless of the night's 'Final Count'<<
Maybe with a few beers, but I bet most people who stay up all night to meteor observe are probably looking forward to seeing meteors. The enjoyment of swatting mosquitos, listening to crickets and smelling things are probably secondary. :o)  I've observed with you both and I've never heard or seen the same excitement from you for these other items that delights your senses. A low meteor count is a bummer....especially for a so called "Major Shower".
George Zay