[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: LYRIDS 2003

>>The experience, low count or high count, is what it is all about. Several of our Tulsa Astronomy Club Meteor Chasers will be at our observatory tonight enjoying the shower, low meteors or not.  <<<<

It is, if you are recording data about the shower. But if you are there to just "enjoy" the shower, whether you admit it or not, a low count won't be very enjoyable.

 >>Who knows maybe we will have an outburst like what has happened before.  You never know until you look and if you don’t and something does happen you will be kicking your butt for a long time because you missed out.<<

And if you don't buy a lottery ticket, you won't win a million bucks! :o) Yes an outburst is always possible on any night and if one happens tonight, I won't be all that disappointed. I've seen outbursts before, so it won't be a lifetime loss. Good luck still.
George Zay