[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lyrids, Owls, Bats and the International Conference for Young Scientists

Hi!

I missed the Lyrids this year as I instead took part in the
ICYS-Conference (http://metal.elte.hu/~icys/; Dutch page:
http://www.hosting.kundot nl/aspx/get.aspx?xdl=/views/kun/xdl/page&VarIdt=1&SitIdt=3&ItmIdt=16651
).
The title of my presentation there was "Perseid Meteor Shower 2003 -
Personal Observation and Analysis". It was also a competition and I
actually won a first prize in the Physics section, so I am quite
content. If you would like to check out my presentation, it's online
at http://bioprotectdot de/meteorobs/

Now back to observation experience, we do not have so many owls here
(you only hear them sometimes) but in summer nights you can see bats
fly over you and that can be also quite frightening at first.

Greetings

Daniel

"Meteor observing, in fact all of observational Astronomy, is like an
iceberg - it's a deep experience most of which is beyond the reach of
words."
        Robin Gray
(Robin, I have taken this quote into my collection, right between
Plato and Einstein)