[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) April fireball hype?

>But at one time the "April bolides" were a hype, and indeed lead to
>incraesed observational activity, which lead to incraesing numbers of
>reports for that period.

Interesting. I have seen a few fireballs at this time of year and this
could also be slanting my perception of the number of reports.

I never noticed it before but the book Fireballs,Meteors,and Meteorites actually lists an april shower called fireballs on april 22.  No zhr or other info is given for this listing as it is with the others.  Perhaps more fireballs had been seen on or near that date?  Or is this listing just part of the above "April Bolide" hype?  Or, like Marco seems to think, is there really more fireball activity around this time of year?  Just a thought.

Jeff W.