[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) IAAC - some informations

This is the latest information for submissions to IAAC - the Internet
Amateur Astronomer's Catalog.

You can subscribe to our mailing list to receive all observations in your
mail:

to: majordomo@latrade.com
subject: as you like
body: subscribe netastrocatalog

If you just want some info about the project:
body: info netastrocatalog

The latest compilation of observations (currently over 25)
can be ftp'd at:

ftp://nautilus.fis.uc.pt/pub/astro/catalogs/IAACxx.ZIP
where xx is a number (choose the highest).

There is a program called CAOS/2 (for OS/2) that can convert the IAAC.TXT
to a database that can be browsed and searched.The program allows you to
create the submission forms of your observations very fast and
standardized. CAOS/2 is currently in beta cycle. If you wish to get it,
write a mail to: bgrems@daheim.ping.at

Instructions how to report your observation:

1) Cut out the standad entry form below.
2) Fill in everything that is needed.
3) Send it to: netastrocatalog@latrade.com, subject: IAAC submission

We would like you to let us know about deep sky objects and double stars
you observed.

These are the facts we ask you to state:

Observer: (Your name goes in here)
your skills: (choose: beginner, intermediate, expert)
Date and UT of observation: (20th May, 1996, 23:55 UT)
Location: (for example: Vienna, Austria 48N)
Site classification: (choose: city, suburbian, rural)
Limiting magnitude (visual): (very important!)
Seeing (from 1 to 5): (1 is best - 5 is like looking over a chimmney)
moon up/phase: (yes/no, age of the moon if yes)
Instrument: (for example: 8" SCT f/10, naked eye, 7x50, etc.)
Magnification: (for example: 35x, none - for naked eye)
Filters used: (for example: UHC)
Object: (what you saw)
Category: (for example: Open cluster, Double star, Galaxy)
Constellation: (For example: Leo)