[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Update Info CAOS/2

Hello Bernhard,
I unzipped the CAOS program and received an error message while pkunzip
(ver2.04) expanded a file called con.dat.
When I try to run the program I get an error message and I can't run the
CAOS program
I have attatched the error message that WARP returns when the program starts
(caos.err). Could you send me the fix or a copy of the file that the program
is having a problem with.
Thanks and Clear skies!
Ray
At 01:04 PM 6/19/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>CAOS/2 has now reached V 0.15 - and tehere are some news to tell:
>
>The section that deals with IAAC browsing and submission is now fully
>functional and tested. Some minor bugs were found and corrected.
>
>The next things that will be added is a personal logbook and calculation of
>things that are essential for observing. As a first, the position of the
>sun, its altitude and its azimuth are implemented. Planets and the moon are
>to follow.
>
>Crucial thing for me at the moment is: I am looking for kind souls who want
>to port the IAAC section to other operating systems. As far as I can tell,
>this should be very easy. Visual basic for example should do fine for that
>task. So if somebody wants to port IAAC browsing and submission to Win3.1
>or Win95, I will help as much as I can.
>
>Expect the next beta of CAOS/2 to be V 0.17 or so. My current problem is
>that I get NO feedback from betatesters. I thereby ask you to tell me about
>your experiences - it is very frustrating to program without feedback.
>
>I consider to stop the open betas if this situation continues.
>
>-----
>TEAM/BBDO New Media Division
>nmd@teambbdo.co.at
>Bernhard Georg Rems

Line 18 of Init in CAOS.VRM:
+++     Call rxread 'const.', 'con.dat';
*** Error 40 Incorrect call to routine
Line 46 of Main in CAOS.VRM:
+++   Call Init;