[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Object: M45, Instrument: 16" Newtonian f/4.59

> Hi Todd:
> Darker skies should help in seeing the nebulousity surrounding M-45.

Yup it really is a matter of sky contrast: I've seen the nebulosity around Merope in a 5" f/5, but only under a sky with visual limiting mag (for me) of  7.0 or more. It is pretty easy to see haze around 5 or 6 Pleiads in a 20", but again only if the sky is sufficiently dark (LM 6.5 or better for me).

BTW, a quick note to all: if you respond to other people's observing logs with comments, suggestions, etc., PLEASE try to respond to the "-announce" address:
	netastrocatalog-announce@latrade.com
and not to the main "netastrocatalog" address. This latter is intended only for deep-sky observing logs  themselves. Most mailers, when replying to a post to our mailing list, will automatically do this. If your mail program doesn't put "netastrocatalog-announce" in the "To:" line, or if it also inserts the main "netastrocatalog" address in the "To:" or "Cc:" line, be sure to change it before sending your message! Thanks to all, and clear skies!

Lew