[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Beta Lyrae

Jonathan,

> Does anybody know if there is something like Burnham's Celestial
> Handbook but updated?  It is an invaluable tool.

Most probably not, as we would all know it. You will be certainly cheaper
and perhaps happy if you gather your info from the web (e.g., start with the
Messier pages [see URL in my .sig] and pages I've linked [follow "More
Messier", "Deep Sky Images", or "Astronomy and Space Links" in the Links
section], or the Deep Sky Atlas of the Hawaiian Astronomical Society, look
at http://www.hawastsoc.org/).

  Hartmut Frommert                                | Use native OS/2 programs
    <Hartmut.Frommert@uni-konstanz.de>, http://www.seds.org/~spider/
    Maintainer of the SEDS Messier database, http://www.seds.org/messier/
----------- Get astronomical and space gifs via anon ftp from: -------------
ftp.seds.org; spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov; explorer.arc.nasa.gov:/pub/SPACE/GIF|
jplinfo.jpl.nasa.gov; crux.astr.ua.edu; garbo.uwasa.fi:/pc/gif*; ftp.bdl.fr|
ftp.fce.vutbr.cz; ftp.univ-rennes1.fr; ftp.cnam.fr; wwa.com (CCD)| Updates |
HST: marvel.stsci.edu:/pubinfo/gif; Clementine: clementine.s1.gov| welcome |
----- More in SEDS' Astro FTP List:  ftp://ftp.seds.org/pub/faq/astroftp.txt

The SL9 crash was just a heavenly celebration of Apollo 11 25th anniversary!