[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M 74 (NOT SEEN) - Inst: 8" f/10 SCT

Always happy to oblige, Todd. ;>

If you're really interested, I FAILED to see all kinds of stuff that night: M74
was just one I thought I *should* be able to log. I missed all of these: ngc
6960 (the part of the Veil that sweeps past 52 Cygni); ngc 7331 (this was also
a surprise, but probably due to seeing effects - I was looking BETWEEN two
houses); ngc 7635 (no surprise); and M77 (also no surpise, since I had missed
M74 earlier). If I get a chance, I'll post a few more logs this week of what I
*did* manage to see: ngc 6992 (the brightest part of the Veil), ngc 40 (bright
little fuzzy in Cep), and ngc 6934 (the globular in Del that is less dense).

And as for being "skunked", I could tell too many stories about my encounters
this Summer with these hapless little critters while doing backyard observing -
but I'll spare everybody. :)

Clear skies all,
Lew