[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: (IAAC) Observing Handbook and Catalog of Deep Sky Objects

At 06:48 10/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Nick:
>
>You asked several days ago about the Observing Handbook and Catalog of Deep
>Sky Objects,  from Cambridge University Press, by Chris Luginbuhl and Brian
>Skiff.
>
>It is out of print, but I heard that a paperback version -- the original was
>hard cover -- is in the works.  Don't know if Cambridge is involved or
>another publisher.  Until a few months ago you could get the hardback from
>Edward Hamilton, a bookseller in Connecticut who specializes in remainders
>(and who has ads in Sky & Tel), but his supply has sold out.
>
>Steve Blake
>Rockville, Md.

Stephen,
Thanks very much for the note. I guess it will have to be like the Sky
Vector NGC computerised finder system I have on order, wait and one day it
will happen.
I have some of the Webb handbooks so will try to use them instead until then.
Good observing
Nick
|   nmartin@bonnyton.u-net.com    |
|"There are more things in heaven and earth ... than are dreamt of in your
philosophy"   (Hamlet, Act 1, Sc. 5)  |

Bonnyton House, Ayrshire,Scotland, UK. lat 55 24'56" N long 4 26' 00" W
Altitude 150 m.