[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) RFC: Developing an observing checklist

Thanks for a very well-researched Request For Comment, Auke! I gleaned some
useful details to look for next time I'm under the telescope...

As you say, I would suggest that amateurs who are just getting serious
about deep-sky observing keep an open mind about what details they note:
too often, amateur observing logs end up sounding like poor paraphrases of
the dry NGC descriptions. But it IS invaluable to have a solid list of
gross details that are worth logging in your mind while you observe.

My feeling is just that amateurs shouldn't also forget to notice what finer
details are unique about each object they observe! Clear skies,

My Two Cents,
Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiac.net http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren