[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Dwarf Galaxy IC10 20" Dobsonian

Nick, et al;

I picked out IC 10 from a dark Arizona site with my 13" f/5.6 but it
was tough.  I said it was:  extremely faint, pretty large,
elongated 2X1 in PA 90 with a somewhat brighter middle.  At 100X
it grows with averted vision.  It is in a very rich starfield
and there is an 11th mag star on the western tip of the galaxy.

That was on a night I rated 7/10 for seeing and 9/10 for
transparency at a site that is 100 miles from Phoenix, AZ.

Save this low surface brightness galaxy for a really transparent
night and be dark adapted.

Clear Skies;
Steve Coe