[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) deep-sky publications

> NJ Martin wrote:
> >
> > It is a pity Deep Sky ceased independent publication.
>
> Yes! Some old issues got to my hands and I found it was a wonderful
> publication. Exactly what I need in an amateur magazine. However I tried
> to find if I could get another similar publication and did not find it.
> Would you tell if you know of any other?
>
> Saludos.
>
> --
> Celso Montalvo
> ELECONT INGENIERIA S. A.
> Lima-PERU
> 12o S; 77o W.

Celso -

The Webb Society, a world-wide organization head-quartered in England,
puts out a number of good deep-sky publications, such as their
"Quarterly Journal", "The Deep-Sky Observer" and "Observing Section
Reports".  See their web site at
http://www.webbsociety.org/wperiodical.html.

Likewise the (U.S.) National Deep Sky Observer's Society has for some 20
years now put out a fairly good publication called "Betelgeuse".  The
NDSOS serves primarily North American observers, but their provide
information that is obviously useful world-wide as well.  They are also
affliated with a magazine on general observing called "The Practical
Observer".  The NDSOS web site is at
http://www.erols.com/njastro/orgs/ndsos.htm.

I recommend all these publications highly.

Regards,
- Brent Archinal
baa@casa.usno.navy.mil