[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 1241, NGC 1242 - Inst: 13" f/5.6

Steve Coe and Linda Ross (by way of lewkaren@tiac.net (Karen Simmons &
Lew Gramer)) wrote:

> Observer: Steve Coe
> Your skills: Advanced (many years)
> Date/time of observation: some years ago
> Location of site: Quartzsite, Arizona, USA (Lat +33N)
> Site classification: Rural
> Sky darkness: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
> Seeing: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
> Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
> Instrument: 13" f/5.6 dob
> Magnification: 150X
> Filter(s): None
> Object(s): NGC 1241, NGC 1242
> Category: External galaxies
> Class:
> Constellation: Eri
> NGC 1241 in the 13" f/5.6 at 150X is faint, pretty small,
> elongated 1.5 X 1 in PA 135 and gradually a little brighter in
> the middle.  The elongation may be from the fact that 1242 is
> attached to 1241 and I never split them into two seperate
> objects on a 7/10 night for seeing and transparency.
> --
> Clear Skies,
> Steve Coe
*********
Steve.
i would appreciate it if you could tell me specifically where in
quartzsite, i pass thru  there often, have a 25 obsession and have yet
to find a good dark sky that is within a reasonable distance.
thanks
bob noss