[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finding objects! (was Re: (IAAC) The Herschel List)

> The only problem with this is that (well,where I live) there is usually
> no visible naked-eye stars within 5 and sometimes 10 degrees!
> Jonathan
> ntzt04a@hotmail.com

True, Jonathan, light pollution is one of the things that can make star hopping really difficult... And it can also make finding deep-sky objects really difficult! But even in a sururban backyard, star-hopping 5, 10, or even 15 degrees with a finder or a very-wide-angle eyepiece can become second nature with enough practice. And then once your under a REALLY dark sky, look out!

Clear skies,
Lew