[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 40 - Inst: Celestron 8"

>It is a great idea to give the additional information so long as it is
>comprehensible but what do

>Ga Lo 120.02  Ga La 9.87

This refers to Galactic Longitude and Latitude, which is used for the
calculation of extinction and other knowable residuals,

>POSS X 150  POSS Y 160

refers to a coordinate system (I thought defunct) related to the Palomar
Observatory Sky Survey,

>Old F,VS,R,VSMBM,*12SP

"Old" style descriptions, likely Dreyer code, I would guess,

>New
>Xrf P

Darn good question.

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/