[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Basel 11B - Inst: 10" f/6 Newt

At 10:47 AM 3/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

>BTW, the reference 'dObjects' gives for most of these planetaries
>is the "Strasbourg-ESO Catalogue of Galactic Planetary Nebulae",
>Acker et al., 1992. According to 'dO', it's available on the Web at:
>        http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/cgi-bin/Cat?V/84/

Well, I got this e-mail a couple seconds after I wrote a little manifesto
advocating the use of this catalog. Jeff should be congratulated for using
the definitive catalog of galactic planetary nebulae.

The URL that I gave in my message seems to work rather more quickly than
the one posted here, at least for someone stuck in the internet backwaters
in southern Arizona. YMMV.

>PS: I'm still hoping prices for Uranomonotony drop now that the
>'Millenium' atlas is out:

I recently missed getting a used set for $10 (US) each at the local used
bookstore. One of my club-mates was in there ahead of me, and bragged about
it at the last meeting. Rats!!

OTOH, the last used set I saw was still going for $30 per in the same
store. Undoubtedly the price has dropped due to the presence of the
brick-like Millennium. As you say, hopefully new prices will follow.

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/