[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) lunar occultation

To the group,

I have recently become interested in view occultations. I understand
there is to be a lunar occultation of Jupiter on the morning of March 26
at about 10:43UTC where I am. I always get mixed up with UTC, Standard
Time, and Daylight Saviings Time. So, here's a simple question. For
Eastern Standard Time, what does 10:43UTC convert to. I think it's
5:43am EST. Right or wrong? I don't want to get up early to find I've
missed the whole thing!

Does anyone know if there is an adapter that will allow you to attach a
camcorder to a telescope similar to the way you'd attach a 35mm camera?