[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M 42, Trapezium - Inst: 25" Obsession

Todd,

I will post this question to the group here, and those from the astro email
group, please excuse the double question:

I have always seen red naked eye in the Orion Nebula, to the point where I
pointed it out to novices and said "see that red glowing patch under the
line of three stars in Orion?"  I didn't realize why sometimes I was looked
at with perplexed stares, until just recently (in the past few years) I
discovered that not EVERYONE see's red in the Orion Nebula.  I know that I
have exceptional sensitivity to optical red.  Curiously, when I look with
either binoculars or scope, the red disappears on me totally, regardless of
seeing conditions or darkness.

The question being, does anyone know of anyone else who has this sensitivity
to red in Orion?
Just wondering!

Cheers,

Penny