[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) 3C273 - 8inch F/10

At 12:02 PM 3/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Absolutely, Yann! We welcome not only quasars,
> <snip> variable quasars,

Pardon this intrusion from a cosmologically impaired reader.... Isn't that
redundant? I don't actually know of a quasar that is not variable in the
visual band, though I certainly don't know much about them. I know I've
seen 3C 273 at everything between 14 and 12, though.

>Thanks for another "eye filling" log, by the way! For
>a couple of years now, I've been meaning to view those
>two or three bright quasars, just for fun. :)

I happen to be putting up a web page about them - still very much under
construction:

http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/astronomy/quasars/

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/