[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 6543 - Inst: 30" f4 dob

.  Of interest was a dim, diffuse, hazy patch of nebulousity about 60
seconds west of ngc 6543.  The nebulousity was about twice the diameter of
the
planetary.  It was near the apex of a triangle of dim stars and about two
thirds
of the way to the nearest bright field star to the west of ngc 6543.  This
object is not plotted in Sky Atlas 2000.  Can anyone tell me what this
object
is?  I have observed ngc 6543 many times over the years and never noticed
any
other nebulousity in the field.

Hi all-
I looked in my new Millennium Star Atlas and found NGC 6552 just to the west
at RA 18 00.0 and about the same dec as NGC 6543.

Regards,
Randy J. Rogers
stardot@mcione.com